As of today I have taken and completed most courses for the Masters Degree of Education in Instructional Technology. I am currently enrolled in the 644 course to complete my thesis development. I will be taking 699 in the Winter of 08' so that I can have the summer and fall to complete the creation, writing, and readings of the paper.
I am a third grade teacher and my project is being geared to help my students and other studnets alike in strengthening their reading comprehension skills. This is a low area of performance across the state.
I have been working on and refining my thesis project and paper since I started in ETEC 500. I have narrowed my topic from the technology in the development of reading comprehension. Now my refined and narrowed topic is Techonology as a Support Tool for Developing Reading Comprehension Skills. I have done extensive and continue to do extensive research on the topic. I have been fortunate to have been able to work on and refine my project in the previous ETEC courses. I feel that I have a great handle on where I am going with my project topic and I am very excited to dive into it completly.
I have written a preliminary thesis on this topic including short versions of the first three chapters of the thesis paper. I have been given very useful feedback from instructors and peers which are directing me in a great direction. You can see my progress thus far by going to my personal webpage at http://www.geocities.com/lzylisa@sbcglobal.net/ click on courses and find the link to ETEC 544. That will take you to my preliminary thesis paper.
My plan here in 644 is to add to and complete my literature review. I will also create the project that will be used for my masters project. This project will use technology to support the development of reading comprehension skills of third grade students. The project will be hung on a website designed to hold Power Points on the specific reading comprehension skills, links to websites that support or are interactive for studnets or teachers to use as resources for learning, and links to other support tools for teachers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice Post...
...you have a real knack for making me feel like I'm really falling behind in the program!
Since I took 544 last year, and had no idea what my project would be, it did little to help me on the road to ETEC 699.
Thank you for the post. In response to the question you left, I'm a middle school teacher. Your blog is pretty inspiring! I really like how you've already posted your web site, and I love the idea of using Power Points. I think I'll incorporate that idea. It would be very useful for teacher to have a diagram to follow for equipment setup. Also, teachers may find it useful to have a pre-made presentation to prepare students for their participation in a videoconference.
Thanks for the inspiration!!
Post a Comment